Yes ladies and gentlemen, at long last the Yankee fan heart throb from Valencia, Venezuela has returned, one Mr. Francisco Cervelli. We’ve had to put up with Russell Martin hitting all those doubles and HRs at the bottom of the order for the past month, but now every 3 innings those of us who haven’t been getting enough sleep can catch a quick nap when Posada-Gardner-Cervelli-Jeter is due up. I missed you Frankie, all those many faces, the BA with RISP that couldn’t last, the Home Run once every two years, the CS% lower than Jorge, the sense of fashion straight out of a 1980s Miami Vice episode. Don’t ever change Frankie. Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold.
Here’s the lineup, courtesy of Brian Heyman over at LoHud:
1. Jeter SS
2. Granderson CF
3. Teixeira 1B
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Cano 2B
6. Swisher RF
7. Posada DH
8. Gardner LF
9. Cervelli C
Ivan Nova gets the start, fresh off his strong outing facing the White Sox on Tuesday. Let’s see if Ivan can string together two in a row. Go Yanks!
UPDATE: Via Jack Curry’s Twitter, Kevin Millwood has decided to opt out of his minor league deal with the Yanks. Fine by me, let those starts go to someone who’s an actual prospect, instead of a retread like Millwood.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees