(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
When he wasn’t busy trying to pull non-existent wool over the eyes of us Yankee fans or slapping us in the face with his bulging money clip, Hal Steinbrenner did take some time the other day last week to [...]
Yankee fans were stewing after last night’s game-ending blown call at first base by Jerry Meals, and apparently the Yankee manager shared that sentiment. In case you missed it, you can watch video of the Yankee post game interview with the manager here, and get the reports of what transpired afterward in the manager’s [...]
In yesterday afternoon’s Yankee-Rays game the managerial move that seemed to cause the most outcry amongst Yankee fans was the decision to intentionally walk the bases loaded in the first inning. Let’s set the stage. CC struggles with his command early by walking leadoff man Desmond Jennings on 3 straight pitches out of the zone [...]
January twelfth of 2012 is undeniably a day that will live on in the hearts and minds of Yankees fans. It was that evening that the balance of power in Yankee-land shifted for the foreseeable future. Since then the picture of what this rotation will look like next season has crystalized. With Cy Young candidate
Yankee manager Joe Girardi met with the media yesterday for his season ending press conference. So, allow me to react to some of the things he said (all quotes from the afore-linked Feinsand piece).
On the season: “We all know what the goal is here. We didn’t reach our goal, that’s the [...]
What makes a great manager? Is it a keen mind that grasps and applies strategy well? A foundation of organization and planning that allows the manager to rarely be caught off guard? A sense of the moment and the ability to improvise and go with his gut? [...]
With Scott Proctor back on the Yankees’ roster, I’ve been looking back at the way the club used relievers at the end of the Joe Torre era. Torre had a reputation for burning through his best arms, leaning on any decent reliever he could find for as long as the player was reasonably effective and [...]
I know many die-hard Yankee fans have been waiting for a sign from Yankee decision makers that AJ Burnett is in danger of losing his spot in the Yankee rotation. To date, Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi have been staunch defenders of AJ, but at least one of those men have opened the door for [...]
That the Yankees were even within a run of tying a game they really had no business winning was pretty impressive, though they’d ultimately fall to the A’s 6-5. Down 6-0 heading into the bottom of the eighth, stymied by A’s righty Brandon McCarthy over seven shutout innings, this did not appear [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees