With the ups and downs that this team has suffered thus far, it almost seems unfair to pile on injury news on the heels of their first win in what felt like an eternity … but Austin Romine is out until “at least July” due to an inflamed disk in his back. While it does seem like expectations for Romine have cooled significantly over the last year or so, I feel as though this is a significant blow to the team’s fortunes, considering the lack of production from behind the plate thus far (Russell Martin’s hot week notwithstanding). Here’s hoping Romine can get himself healthy, and Martin can continue to heat up along with the weather.
Also of note on the injury front – Robertson may not be the closer upon his return, per Brian Heyman. Girardi is fond of the Proven Closer™, and I am quite certain that Robertson’s shaky ninth inning adventures (as well as Soriano’s ups and downs outside of the final three outs) did little to deter that mindset. This strikes me as news for the sake of news to some degree, though I find it noteworthy as I prefer Robertson in the high-leverage fireman role anyway.
And finally, on the prospecting front, personal muse Angelo Gumbs has bounced back significantly this month, batting .325/.361/.468 with 7 XBH and 14 steals in 16 attempts … and, perhaps more importantly, solid defense at the keystone. The Charleston RiverDogs have been a beacon of positivity on the whole thus far, to boot.
Onto the line-ups:
|New York Yankees||Kansas City Royals|
|Derek Jeter, SS||Alex Gordon, LF|
|Curtis Granderson, CF||Johnny Giavotella, 2B|
|Mark Teixeira, 1B||Billy Butler, DH|
|Alex Rodriguez, 3B||Jeff Francoeur, RF|
|Robinson Cano, 2B||Mike Moustakas, 3B|
|Nick Swisher, RF||Alcides Escobar, SS|
|Andruw Jones, DH||Eric Hosmer, 1B|
|Russell Martin, C||Humberto Quintero, C|
|Jayson Nix, LF||Mitch Maier, CF|
|Andy Pettitte, SP||Will Smith, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m., on the YES Network. Let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees