This game was awful, so I’ll keep the recap short. Phil Hughes couldn’t hold on to a 3-1 lead after five innings. The Yankees managed only six hits on the day. The bullpen imploded, led by Joba Chamberlain and Derek Lowe, to make sure the game was completely out [...]
Oh what a difference a couple of days make. On Monday, the Yankees beat the Orioles 2-1 to pull within half a game of Baltimore for second place in the AL East. Since then, Baltimore has outscored New York 12-1 on the strength of strong pitching performances by Brian Matusz and Jake Arrieta. Buck [...]
During a wet, incredibly sloppy afternoon (the Yankees and Orioles combined for six(!) errors), A.J. Burnett turned in what can really only be deemed a Burnett-esque performance at this point. He didn’t get killed, but he gave up four runs in six innings on seven hits — including a two-run homer to
After a four-plus hour rain delay, the Yankees and Orioles kicked their Tuesday night contest off just after 11pm, and the Yankees ended up topping the O’s 5-3 just after 2am, notching their sixth straight win. I stayed up through the first four innings and hit the hay with the Yanks leading 1-0 and [...]
On an afternoon when neither starting pitcher seemed to have any interest in going deep, Jesus Montero certainly did, connecting for his first career home run in the fifth — a tie-breaking shot to right field that would also end up being the difference in the game — and a two-run shot in [...]
Strange how the schedule works out sometimes. As noted in Friday’s Jays preview, the Yankees hosted Toronto last Labor Day weekend as well, and, in yet another parallel to 2010, once again follow that set up with a series at home against the Orioles.
As you may recall, a year ago the O’s surprisingly took [...]
The Yankees rode a Mark Teixeira double, a Nick Swisher two-run home run and six innings of one-run ball (4 Ks, 1 BB) from Freddy Garcia in a crisp 3-2 win over Baltimore Monday night, splitting the weekend’s four-game set. Alfredo Simon was the tough-luck loser, [...]
After scoring zero runs in the opener of Sunday’s doubleheader, things didn’t start out promisingly in the night game, as the Orioles jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead against Ivan Nova. However, Curtis Granderson had other ideas, blasting his Major League lead-tying 37th home run int top of the [...]
This was the Zach Britton Baltimore’s been waiting for all season.
The young lefthander had the Yankees completely fooled with a filthy two-seamer (Ken Singleton and Michael Kay kept calling it a sinker, but Brooks has it as a two-seamer) that racked up an absurd -3.6007 linear weights, complemented by [...]
After giving up nine runs over five innings in the Yankees’ 12-5 loss to the Orioles last night, A.J. Burnett‘s ERA rose to 5.31 — the worst mark in the American League among qualified pitchers, and worse than the awful mark he finished his wretched 2010 with. Discuss.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees