Things to say about this game:
The offense struggled again.
Justin Verlander dominated.
Eduardo Nunez shocked the hell out of everyone by hitting a home run off of Verlander who had come out to pitch the ninth to try and get a complete game victory. He didn’t but the Tigers [...]
Just got this in our email box:
NEW YORK – The New York Yankees announced today the firing of office manager John DiMaggio, citing a key logistical failure that resulted in their 3-0 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
Team officials stated that Mr. DiMaggio had been tasked with distributing a key memorandum, titled, [...]
You have to score at least one run to win a baseball game. The Yankees didn’t. They lost. That said, the Umpires didn’t help. While the main story coming out of Sunday’s game has to be the absence of the Yankee offense, it is entirely possible that come Monday morning the biggest story from the [...]
What can you say about tonight?
It was a roller coaster of emotions. Some extreme highs and extreme lows.
The lowest of the low occurred after the game ended when the announcement was made that Derek Jeter fractured his ankle and is done for the season. But we all know something was [...]
The offense wasn’t particularly brilliant today, but CC Sabathia was just unstoppable. One of his best performances with the Yankees, and it came exactly when they needed it. Ace? Ace.
The Yankees go on to face the Detroit Tigers tomorrow night in Yankee Stadium, presumably with Andy Pettitte starting. Not [...]
[You can discuss the game in the comments if you'd like]
“It seemed like it was something out of a cartoon. It was unbelievable.”
Despite what the headlines say, last night’s game was exceedingly difficult to watch. It had a pretty ending, but there was a lot of ugly baseball on the Yankees’ side.
Let’s start with Hiroki [...]
I saw this stat earlier and thought it was interesting.
I thought a trip down ‘not so happy’ memory lane was in order.
In 2005, the Yankees faced off against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in a five-game series. The series began in Anaheim with a Yankee victory in Game 1. The [...]
Tonight’s game, when it finally began after yet another rain delay, started off well with the Yankees scoring first.
How did they do it? Let me walk you through it.
For the second consecutive year rain delayed the start of the Yankee postseason. The start of the Bombers’ 2011 ALDS was a greater debacle, with the teams actually beginning the game before delaying it a full day due to weather. Sunday night’s game between the Yankees and Orioles started over two hours late thanks to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees