Larry Koestler, Moshe Mandel, and Matt Imbrogno
Co-Founders and Editors Emeritus
EJ Fagan Mike Jaggers-Radolf
Brad Vietrogoski William J.
Eric Shultz Steve Shaka
Matt Warden Domenic Lanza
In February 2011, prominent New York Yankees bloggers Moshe Mandel of The Yankee U and Larry Koestler of Yankeeist teamed to create and co-manage The Yankee Analysts, one of the premier destinations on the web for high-end New York Yankees statistical analysis, insight, comprehensive series previews and daily game recaps for all New York Yankee regular season and postseason contests, among a wide variety of other content. In addition to receiving widespread acclaim throughout the baseball blogosphere following the site’s launch, The Detroit News — one of the two major newspapers in Detroit, with a circulation of over 188,000 — referred to Larry as a “statistics guru.”
In October 2011, Matt Imbrogno was named Editor in Chief, after Moshe and Larry moved on to write for the iconic and groundbreaking Yankee blog River Ave. Blues.
Larry launched Yankeeist, a sabermetrically-obsessed blog about the New York Yankees, in September 2009 and it quickly developed into one of the most authoritative voices writing about the Yankees today. Yankeeist received coveted links from major national publications such as Rob Neyer’s SweetSpot blog, Craig Calcaterra’s HardballTalk on nbcsports.com, The Wall Street Journal’s Daily Fix sports blog, ESPN.com, New York Magazine and the hugely influential Baseball Prospectus, MLBTR and Fangraphs, as well as many of the most popular and tenured Yankees blogs on the Internet.
Larry is a lifelong Yankee fan whose first online Yankee writing venture was a blog devoted to Saving Phil Hughes back in 2007, and who was born, raised and lives in Manhattan. Soon after its inception, Mike Jaggers-Radolf and Matt Warden joined the Yankeeist team, cementing the site’s status as a distinctly analytical and statistical enterprise written from the perspective of three diehard fans whose Yankee obsession was cemented when the team was terrible in the late ’80s.
The Yankee U was launched in 2009 by Moshe Mandel, EJ Fagan, and Chris Harihar, and quickly established itself as one of the premier Yankees blogs on the web. Much like Yankeeist, TYU posts have been featured in a number of high profile locations, including ESPN’s Sweetspot, NBC’s Hardball Talk, USA Today, The Daily News, The New Yorker, The Hardball Times, and the River Ave Blues Yankees blog.
The Yankee U was staffed by seven experienced writers at the time of the merger, and all seven remain committed to producing interesting and informative content on a daily basis. In addition to Moshe and EJ, the TYU staffers who joined the merged site include Matt Imbrogno, Steve Shaka, Eric Schultz, Sean Potter, and William J.
Michael Eder can be reached at mikeeder89 at gmail dot com.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees