While writing the title for this game thread, I was torn between the tasty pun that you see before you and a reference to the ever-shuffling line-up. Given that I am mostly depressed by any references to Mark Teixeira’s offensive production at this point in time, I stand by my decision.
With Swisher likely out until next week and Gardner being shut down for a few more days, it’s nice to see the Yankees add another capable outfielder to the roster … though, it is sort of bothersome that it came at the expense of Eric Chavez. Yes, with Chavez being placed on the new 7-Day DL, the team had to replace him with a position player – but having two long relievers and two lefty specialists in the bullpen seems a bit much when Curtis Granderson and Andruw Jones are the only players that can competently roam the outfield right now. Nix adds a tiny bit of versatility to the roster, having seen a fair bit of time at 2B, 3B, and the corner outfield spots, as well as a decent amount of pop.
Despite my aimless rambling to the contrary, I am far more interested in David Phelps’ first Major League start than any of the team’s roster machinations … at least for the next few hours. Mark Simon wrote an interesting read about Phelps for ESPN today – I suggest checking it out.
Onto the line-ups:
|New York Yankees||Kansas City Royals|
|Derek Jeter, DH||Jarrod Dyson, CF|
|Curtis Granderson, CF||Alex Gordon, LF|
|Mark Teixeira, 1B||Billy Butler, DH|
|Alex Rodriguez, 3B||Eric Hosmer, 1B|
|Robinson Cano, 2B||Jeff Francoeur, RF|
|Andruw Jones, RF||Mike Moustakas, 3B|
|Eduardo Nunez, SS||Humberto Quintero, C|
|Russell Martin, C||Chris Getz, 2B|
|Jayson Nix, LF||Alcides Escobar, SS|
|David Phelps, SP||Danny Duffy, SP|
The first pitch is scheduled for 8:10 pm, on YES and the MLB Network- let’s go Yankees!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees