Following last year’s loss to the Rangers in the ALCS, I did a wrap-up that looked at the contributions of the individual players of both teams. After fully digesting the Yankees’ unbearably awful offensive (and pitching) showing in that series, I was compelled to find out just how bad the bats were in comparison [...]
The Yankees’ lopsided 10-1 victory in Detroit on Tuesday night ensured that the Bombers would have the opportunity to return home to the Bronx to finish the Tigers off in a winner-takes-all Game 5 of the 2011 American League Division Series. The victory was the Yankees’ second-ever road win in an ALDS Game 4 [...]
Today is Aaron Boone‘s birthday, and I thought it would be fun to celebrate the occasion by trading war stories about the night that Boone vanquished the hated Red Sox and sent the Yankees to the 2003 World Series with one swing of the bat. I’ll get things started.
I was a [...]
It’s time to forget about Cliff Lee, about RISP, about 13:1 K/BB ratios, about a 2-1 series deficit, about Cliff Lee, about a Game 7 started by Cliff Lee, about the 9th inning bullpen implosion, about the Yankees’ starter this evening and about, of course, Cliff Lee. Let’s focus on Tommy Hunter. There are a [...]
This is part 4 of 6 of The Yankee U’s preview of the 2010 American League Championship Series. Part 1 examined CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis. Part 2 looked at Cliff Lee and Tommy Hunter. Part 3 examined Texas’ offense.
Texas has a solid bullpen with a lot of [...]
Welcome to the fourth and final installment of Yankeeist’s 2010 ALCS Series Preview, in which we’ll be taking a look at a few specific factors that could influence how the series plays out. In case you missed parts 1, 2 and 3, please click on the following:
This is part 3 of 5 of The Yankee U’s preview of the 2010 American League Championship Series. Part 1 examined C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis. Part 2 featured Cliff Lee and Tommy Hunter.
Batting 1st, SS Elvis Andrus
It’s a good thing Elvis Andrus is slick with the glove, because boy is this [...]
This is part 2 of 5 of The Yankee U’s preview of the American League Championship Series. Part 1 examined C.J. Wilson and Colby Lewis.
Game Three Starter: Cliff Lee
What can you say about Cliff Lee that hasn’t been said? I mean this sincerely, not as some dumb trick to provide [...]
As you know, the Yankees square off against the Rangers in the 2010 American League Championship Series beginning tomorrow night. This will be the Yankees’ 14th appearance in the ALCS, which was created in 1969 (though not expanded to its current seven-game format until 1985), and the Rangers’ first. The [...]
The Yankees announced last night that they haven’t changed their roster from the first round. Likewise, I wouldn’t expect too many changes on the Rangers’ front, although given Ron Washington’s [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees