The Yankees capped off the 2011 regular season by getting swept on the road for the first time all year — and swept for only the third time all season — as the Tampa Bay Rays came storming back from a 7-0 deficit to win 8-7 in extra innings. The loss was the Yankees’ [...]
I admittedly haven’t been watching much baseball since the Yankees clinched their playoff spot last Wednesday, and so I didn’t see a single inning of last night’s 5-3 loss to the Rays. This feeling of ennui in the aftermath of Yankee losses is a weird one — one that will undoubtedly be shaken off [...]
Ah, the weirdness of having home field advantage through the first two rounds of the playoffs locked up despite still having regular season games to play while your two primary division rivals duke it out for the Wild Card.
James Shields had his way with the Yankees for seemingly the 8,000th time, coming [...]
Beginning tonight, the Yanks and Rays duke it out in the final regular season series of the year. The Yanks can win the season series with one win this week; the best the Rays can do is tie it. Aside from exacting a small measure of revenge against Tampa — who won the season series [...]
I skipped this one, and it looks like I didn’t miss all that much, as the Rays bludgeoned the Yanks 15-8 behind a beastly performance from rookie phenom Matt Moore, who struck out 11 Yankees and allowed zero runs over five innings, picking up the win in his first career Major League [...]
Approximately seven hours after earning their 2011 postseason berth, the Yankees clinched their 17th American League East title, beating the Rays 4-2, sweeping the doubleheader, securing the series victory and ensuring a stress-free final week of the season as the team prepares to kick off the American League Division Series next Friday, September 30.
For all of the success Ivan Nova has had this season, I’m amazed I haven’t read more about the fact that this was a player the Yankees didn’t even protect in the 2008 Rule V draft, and who they nearly lost to San Diego for chump change until the Padres apparently decided [...]
The Yankees kick off their last 10 games of the season with four against the Rays this week, three against Boston this weekend and three more with the Rays next Monday through Wednesday, before the ALDS kicks off on Friday, September 30.
This week’s set was initially supposed to be a two-gamer, but rain has [...]
Despite the panic in Boston and a horrific stretch of recent play, the Red Sox still hold a 3-game lead over the red-hot Rays for the American League Wild Card. Boston’s recent struggles have re-opened the wild card race, and while the Red Sox should still be heavy favorites to make it to October, we [...]
The preliminary 2012 Yankees’ schedule was released this morning, and there are a number of interesting elements in it that warrant discussion:
The first thing I noticed was that the season begins on April 6th, which means that it once again leaks into October. After one season of moving the start date back [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees