Last year’s Yankees closer has just agreed to a two-year $28 million deal with the Washington Nationals, that includes a third year option. Though there was a bit of speculation that Rafael Soriano was desperate for a contract, the reliever certainly got his money.
With Nick Swisher in [...]
Yesterday, we heard news that Scott Boras, agent for free-agent reliever Rafael Soriano, approached the Yankees about a one year contract for the righty pitcher. Boras and Soriano were apparently, “flatly denied” per Bob Klapisch. Buster Olney hinted that the Yankees are choosing the draft pick/draft pool money over [...]
As the blackout last week rolled on, the conversations between my father and me inevitably rolled to baseball. One thing he kept bringing up was how this upcoming Hot Stove season would be the most challenging for Yankee GM Brian Cashman. While I think there may have been more pressure to reload after missing the [...]
First off, how is everyone? I know a large portion of our readership is certainly in the Tri-State Area and I hope you and yours are doing well. Now, let’s get onto some baseball matters as a nice distraction.
All five AL East teams have lost significant pieces, many for a majority of the season. On paper, the Red Sox were supposed to be neck and neck with the Yankees in August. I’ve heard an innumerable amount of injury excuses for teams this year, but 12.5 games now stand between the first place Yankees [...]
For a while now, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have been a thorn in the side of the New York Yankees. We all remember the early playoff exits in 2002 and 2005 and we were elated when the Yankees finally beat them in 2009 to advance to the World Series. So even though it’s [...]
The relationship between the blogosphere and members of the traditional sports media has historically been a strained one. Among many old-school journalists, contempt existed toward bloggers who hadn’t paid their dues by going to journalism school, often wrote in a more informal (and sometimes profane) fashion, and made no attempts to feign objectivity toward the [...]
Rafael Soriano, interim closer with Mariano Rivera out for the season, blew his first save of the year on Sunday. Entering a 4-3 game in the top of the ninth inning, Soriano allowed a lead-off double to Lucas Duda and a game-tying single to Ike Davis, though the Yankees took the lead and [...]
This one most definitely had an annoyingly hopeless feel to it, didn’t it? From the get-go, it was readily apparent that Yankee starter CC Sabathia had absolutely nothing. His slider? No. Changeup? Not so much. Fastball? Not in the least. The Braves went up almost as quickly as possible.
After the Yankees [...]
After the roller coaster ride of the past 48 hours, with the great Mariano Rivera’s career looking all but over one minute and vowing to return the next, we can now cast our eyes to the current bullpen members and where the pieces fit. The Yanks will want to keep their plan close to the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees