Tonight the big story for the Yankees – no pun intended – was the return of CC Sabathia to the rotation. In his first start since June 24 against the Mets, Sabathia lasted six innings, gave up only four hits, struck out six and only walked one batter. Oh, and he held the [...]
Mariano Rivera once again made history Saturday afternoon in Toronto, throwing a perfect ninth inning to preserve the Yankees’ 7-6 victory over Toronto, earning his 601st career save in the process and tying Trevor Hoffman for the all-time record.
That Mo was even in position to record the save was [...]
For the fifth time in their last nine games, the Yankees played to a tie against their opponent into the ninth inning and lost, this time by a score of 5-4 to the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. Two days after giving up a walkoff home run to Luis Rodriguez,
The Yankees close out their 18 games with the Blue Jays with three up in the Rogers Centre this weekend, a place they’ve gone 12-12 at since the beginning of 2009 and haven’t recorded a series victory in a three-game set since May 12-14, 2009. However, a year after having their brains bashed in repeatedly [...]
How pesky have the Blue Jays been over the years? Despite not factoring into a playoff race at any point in recent seasons, the Yankees’ 9-3 win on Sunday afternoon marked the first time the Bombers managed to sweep a three-game series against Toronto since August 2006. I had initially thought that it had [...]
What a difference a year makes, at least as far as the Yankees facing elite AL East southpaws goes.
In 2010, Jon Lester started against the Yankees 4 times and threw 25.1 innings of 6-run ball, and the Red Sox won three of his four starts.
In 2011, Jon Lester has also started [...]
I missed most of this one, so this’ll be quick. Ivan Nova recovered from a shaky first inning to go seven strong, striking out four and only giving up three hits as the Yankees beat the Blue Jays 3-2. The win, coupled with Boston’s loss to the Rangers, landed the Yankees back [...]
Beginning tonight the Yankees get to face the Blue Jays at home for the second straight Labor Day weekend. Last year at this time they were able to run their season-high winning streak to eight before the Jays finally snapped it in the Sunday matinee. That would actually prove to be something of a [...]
So, Phil Hughes.
The Yankee righthander authored his best outing of the season by far, throwing six innings of two-run ball, scattering four hits, walking two and striking out five, and was able to notch his first quality start since September 26, 2010, against Boston, in one of last season’s more pivotal [...]
CC Sabathia fired eight innings of one-run ball as the Yankees finally beat Ricky Romero and toppled the Blue Jays, 4-1. After two of the team’s ugliest games of the season, the Yankees needed this victory as much as they’ve needed any win all season, and Sabathia once again came [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees