Before the game, the Yankees announced that Phil Hughes received a cortisone shot to the shoulder, and he was feeling better, but he would still be out for 6-8 weeks. File this one under, “The Yankees are throwing stuff at Hughes to see what sticks.” If they can’t figure out what’s [...]
Derek Jeter is clearly in decline. With each passing at-bat he further cements that fact, as he shows little sign of recovering any sort of pop and looks slow in all facets of the game. While it is possible that he has some sort of recovery and raises his stat line a bit, we have [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
The death of Osama Bin Laden sparked a wave of patriotic fervor that swept across the United States. One of the most vivid images of this spontaneous reaction took place at Citizens Bank Ballpark, where fans started to chant “U-S-A” during the tenth [...]
Tom Verducci for Sports Illustrated yesterday:
4. The Dodgers are a drag on the game.
Through May 1, the Dodgers alone accounted for 63 percent of the decline in MLB attendance. They are down 95,843 fans through 15 dates, or 14.5 percent. One scout said before the Dodgers hired Los Angeles police [...]
For whatever reason, I’ve been a big fan of David Robertson since he came up to the Majors in 2008. If I had to nail it down, it’s probably the strikeouts that have drawn me to Robertson. There’s nothing I like more than to see a Yankee pitcher rack up the whiffs, and [...]
Coming into this game, the Yankees were averaging 5.5 runs on 8.3 hits and 4 walks per game. Tuesday night the Yankees collected eight hits and three walks — more than enough offense to put some runs on the board — but managed only two runs, well below the efficiency they’ve shown this season.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees