After sixteen consecutive games, the Yankees have a much deserved off-day. Hopefully they can use it to rest up, because the team turns around and plays another sixteen straight beginning tomorrow at home against the Royals.
Please use this as the open thread. If you’re like me, you’re watching the Miami Heat play the Boston [...]
Thus far in 2011, two Yankees legends have shown their age and performed in a manner that suggests their time as effective major league hitters is over. Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada have struggled to have a consistent impact offensively, with Jorge showing an inability to make consistent contact [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
The 2011 Yankees’ offense has been prolific at doing two things: hitting home runs and grounding into double plays.
After only 32 games, the team has hit an astounding 54 home runs, which equates to 273 long balls over 162 games. If that pace [...]
Last August, Kevin Long did some work with Curtis Granderson to try and address the lefty’s struggles against LHP. I was skeptical at the time about Long’s ability to “fix” a player who had struggled against lefties for a long time, and I cautioned against taking the positive results that we saw in [...]
Last night, Marc Carig published a post with something in it that always draws my interest. He discussed A-Rod reviewing video and possibly identifying what’s been ailing him at the plate. For whatever reason, I always love to hear about players and teams using video to catch things. Maybe I’m so drawn to it [...]
Not many here need reminding, but I’m a huge Jorge Posada fan. After he retires, I’ll be at the front of the line, beating the drum for his Hall of Fame induction. That is a long shot at best, but it’s a cause I think is worth attempting to lead. Another point you [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees