Ivan Nova gave the Yankees his second consecutive strong start, while the hitters did the rest. Nova gave the Yankees 6.1 innings of work, allowing only two runs on six hits and four walks. Nova wasn’t over powering, but he was effective, giving the Yankees all they needed to pick up the victory. He handed things over to the bullpen, who took care of the rest in text book fashion.
The Yankee offense came via the long ball. Mark Teixeira started things off with a solo shot off Jesse Litsch in the first inning. The big blow came in the fifth. Curtis Granderson deposited a three run-shot in the seats in right center, knocking in Derek Jeter and Brett Gardner. Between Nova and the relievers, that was more than enough for the Bombers to pick up the victory.
Robinson Cano was taken out of the game in the eighth inning. In his post game press conference Joe Girardi said that Cano bruised his palm catching a pick off throw from Nova. He’s day-to-day, so its nothing to worry about.
The Yankees take to the road tomorrow to play a set in Detroit. Bartolo Colon looks to continue his unexpected, dominant start to the season while the Tigers will counter with the often unhittable Justin Verlander. Game time starts at seven.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees