Two pieces of news before the game:
Rafael Soriano’s MRI turned up negative. He’ll be day-to-day for now, and could return for the Boston series.
Over his last 3 starts, Ivan Nova has gone 2-0 with a 1.35 ERA in 20 innings, to push his overall ERA to 4.08 and give some people hope that he can be a solid starter at the rear of the Yankee rotation. However, a look at his peripherals shows that his positive results [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Offense has been down across the majors this season, continuing a trend that began at the start of the decade and accelerated last season.
In the National League, the per-team average has been 4.13 runs, which would be the lowest output since 3.88 runs [...]
Its still very early in the minor league season, but I think its time to officially declare some good news. Rob Segedin, the Yankees 3rd round draft pick in last year’s draft, is off to a great start. He’s hitting .303/.393/.485 with a reasonable .333 BABIP, a BB% of 12% and a K% of 17%.
David Robertson has been a beast all season. Last week, I wrote about him and how he’s been doing things that’ve helped him improve (up the grounders, down the homers, keep the strikeouts consistent) and today, I’ll be discussing how awesome Robertson has been in high leverage situations this year.
Going into [...]
The Yankees beat the Royals 3-1 Tuesday evening in one of the more ho-hum games the team is likely to play all year. After retiring the first eight Yankees he faced, Kyle Davies finally surrendered a triple to Brett Gardner in the bottom of the third, and was subsequently knocked [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees