After being embarrassed by Josh Tomlin in his Major League debut last July, the Yankees turned the tables Sunday afternoon, pounding out a season-high 18 hits on their way to beating Tomlin and the Indians 9-1 and taking their third straight of this four-game set.
Freddy Garcia recovered after his worst start of the season this past Tuesday against Boston, throwing 6 2/3 innings of one-run ball with an impressive six strikeouts. It’s amazing how effective Garcia has been for the most part this season against pretty much every team not named the Red Sox. Luis Ayala and Kevin Whelan contributed scoreless frames of their own, while Boone Logan managed to throw 1/3 of an inning unscathed save for a walk.
Every Yankee that hit safely had a multi-hit game, with Mark Teixeira and Russell Martin the only Bombers not to join the hit parade, though Tex did draw a walk. Curtis Granderson went 4-4, while Alex Rodriguez and Brett Gardner (two doubles and a triple) each had three-hit days.
The Yanks will look to complete their first four-game sweep of the season tomorrow night with A.J. Burnett on the hill against Carlos Carrasco, a.k.a. a dreaded Pitcher They’ve Never Seen Before. Hopefully the team can keep up its hot hitting, especially since the Red Sox are apparently contractually obligated to not only win every single game they play but score at least eight runs in doing so each and every time.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees