As an avid baseball fan who reads everything I can find the time for, on a daily basis you’ll come across things you disagree with, sometimes strongly. That’s all fair game, and I’ve long held that some of us like debating sports as much as we like the games themselves. But every once in a [...]
Whenever the Yankees go on a losing streak, you begin to hear a common refrain. “They’re old”. These stories usually focus on the ‘Core 4′ players and maybe a few of the aging bench players they bring in annually. But is this criticism accurate, especially in comparison to most MLB teams? Further, is it [...]
In the oddest blog post I’ve seen in a while, Joel Sherman says that Phil Hughes came to camp too fat, but then lost too much weight, but then had no work ethic, and that’s why he stinks. Or something:
I talked to a person with strong ties to the Yankees who threw [...]
Here’s the scenario. Girardi gets a knock-out offer from the Cubs. One that the Yanks could match, but choose to pass on. Girardi, despite his loyalty to the Yanks, feels the tug of going home and is enticed by the opportunity to bring the Windy City it’s first World Series championship in [...]
I’ve been holding a lot of this back, so if this seems like nit picking, I’m sorry. These feelings on the Yankees’ behemoth of a regional sports network have been welling up inside me since the beginning of the season.
But, since I’m generally a nice guy, I’m gonna start with some positives. Generally, YES [...]
Shockingly enough, John Harper thinks the Yankees should’ve retained Johnny Damon. His title puts at least some of the blame on Damon, rightfully, but he of course ends up right in the same pitfalls as usual. Let’s cut this bad boy up (emphasis on the bad).
Still, you had to be blind not to [...]
You remember some of those despotic leaders in World War II, primarily in Russia [...]
Tim Smith of the New York Daily News doesn’t get it.
If the reader knows anything about baseball, this title insults him or her immediately. Even those with a cursory knowledge of the game know that innings limits generally apply to young pitchers just breaking into the Majors. This is obviously not the case [...]
One silly media narrative that I have always hated is the idea that inconsistent athletes struggle due to some sort of mental deficiency rather than a simple lack of talent. The issue came up this morning, when Joel Sherman stated the following in a column:
It was craft vs. daft. Moyer, the pitcher with [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees