Lots of Yankee news to get you guys caught up with, so lets jump right into it. First, Andrew Marchand is reporting that Bartolo Colon is heading to the 15 day DL with Chris Dickerson being recalled to take his place. As much as that sucks, it’s probably the best case scenario when dealing with a hamstring injury. Hector Noesi has been recalled from Scranton to replace Amaury Sanit (elbow). Ken Davidoff reports he is expected to pitch out of the bullpen, not replace Colon in the rotation. That leaves David Phelps, Adam Warren, or D.J. Mitchell as the most likely candidates to take Big Bart’s next start, which would be this Thursday facing the Rangers. But then Andrew Marchand tweets this morning that Noesi IS in the mix to replace Bart, so we’ll have to wait and see how this shakes out. There are no off days for Colon’s next two turns through the rotation, so whoever they select will almost certainly also take the ball facing the Reds on 6-21. After that they have 2 off days, and assuming his rehab goes well they can work him back into the rotation sometime thereafter. If you’re looking for a positive from Colon’s injury, we have all wondered how and if his arm would hold up over the course of the season. A 2-3 week break now, followed by another week off for the All Star break in early July could go a long way to keeping him strong down the stretch.
Here’s a fun fact from the Yankee Twitter feed:
In other news, Russell Martin took BP this morning and declared himself fit to play. Thank goodness, because I’m not sure I could take another day of Frankie behind the dish. Alex is back as well, after leaving yesterday’s game early with (what else) a HBP.
Now that you’re caught up on all things Yankee, here’s the lineup courtesy of Sam Borden over at LoHud:
Freddy Garcia on the bump, looking to bounce back from that hideous performance against the Red Sox. GO YANKS!!!!!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees