The most surprising thing ever happened on Monday night, and by most surprising I mean least surprising thing in American history, as the Yankees got completely shut down by a Pitcher They’ve Never Seen Before™ for the approximately 800 millionth time over the last two seasons.
I’m sorry, but there’s just no excuse for a [...]
After being embarrassed by Josh Tomlin in his Major League debut last July, the Yankees turned the tables Sunday afternoon, pounding out a season-high 18 hits on their way to beating Tomlin and the Indians 9-1 and taking their third straight of this four-game set.
Freddy Garcia recovered after [...]
The Bartolo Colon Renaissance Tour continued Saturday afternoon for 6 2/3 more brilliant shutout innings before encountering an unfortunate roadblock in a pulled left hamstring. In the postgame Joe Girardi said he didn’t know how long they’d be without Colon until tomorrow, while Brian Cashman said he expected a DL [...]
The Cleveland Indians have been in first place in the AL Central since their sixth game of the season, despite the fact that neither their offense (.324 team wOBA, which is pretty good in the current depressed 2011 hitting environment, but nothing extraordinary) or pitching staff (a middling 3.89 team ERA, 7th-best in the AL) [...]
The fantastic World of Sports hasn’t been entirely at all kind to Cleveland fans. He-who-must-not-be-named left the now-crippled Cavaliers in decidedly mind-boggling fashion in preference of the weepy Miami Heat. The Browns have enjoyed only three winning seasons over the past two decades resulting in a measly two postseason appearances. And of course, [...]
I’m extremely honored to present the first player interview in Yankeeist history, as former Bomber backstop John Ellis was generous enough to share some of his time with me to talk baseball.John debuted in the Bigs with the Yankees in 1969 and enjoyed a successful career highlighted by longevity. John’s contributions [...]
The Yankees pounded the Tribe 11-4 last night, taking three of four from a rather hapless Cleveland team.
After averaging two runs per in the first two games of this four-game set, the Yankee bats finally came alive in Cleveland, tagging Fausto Carmona for seven earned runs en route to an 8-0 victory. It was the team’s first shutout since CC Sabathia‘s Father’s Day [...]
Can someone please explain why the Yankees — currently in possession of the best wOBA in Major League Baseball (though maybe not for much longer after tonight’s fiasco), not to mention one of the top two offensive teams in the American League every year except 2008 (when they were 5th) [...]
So I know Curtis Granderson‘s first season in pinstripes hasn’t gone quite the way many of had hoped/expected, but it’s hard to deny the man’s had something of a flair for the dramatic, between blasting a home run off Josh Beckett in his first Yankee at-bat, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees