The relationship between the blogosphere and members of the traditional sports media has historically been a strained one. Among many old-school journalists, contempt existed toward bloggers who hadn’t paid their dues by going to journalism school, often wrote in a more informal (and sometimes profane) fashion, and made no attempts to feign objectivity toward the [...]
EJ’s post from earlier today highlights the disappointing nature of the Yankee farm in 2012, and for the most part, I agree. It has been a frustrating season to follow, particularly at the upper levels. The combination of injury and regression has hurt the stock of a number of prospects who might otherwise be [...]
We are now midway through the minor league season, which is often the time when high-performing prospects are advanced to the next level, and poor performers are demoted. The earlier signing deadline for draft picks and new limitations on bonuses also increase the pressure to promote players, in order to make room for the new [...]
With CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte on the DL and David Phelps still getting stretched out in the minors, 24 year-old righty Adam Warren will be making his major league debut tonight against the White Sox. Drafted in the 4th round as a senior from baseball powerhouse UNC, Warren has steadily progressed through the Yankee [...]
Going into the season, it was expected that Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betance would be possible rotation options by midseason should injury befall a member of the Yankees’ starting 5. Yesterday, the dreaded scenario occurred, as CC Sabathia was placed on the DL with a strained muscle in his leg and Andy Pettitte may be [...]
Apologies for the brevity of this recap, but I was a little short on time tonight. After a strong pitching performance by Hiroki Kuroda in Monday’s game, Phil Hughes looked to keep the line moving against the surprisingly decent Cleveland Indians squad. He went up against Justin Masterson, Cleveland’s righty-killing groundball specialist.
After a scoreless [...]
After a somewhat slow start to 2012 that was perhaps overly scrutinized, and could easily be attributed to changing leagues, Hiroki Kuroda has been very successful of late. In the month of June, Kuroda has only once failed to complete 7 innings, with that one failure a 6-inning outing against the Braves. In June has [...]
After falling in game 1 following a shaky start from Andy Pettitte, the Yankees will try to rebound behind Ivan Nova, who will square off against noted tall person Chris Young. Chat it up, have fun, and let’s go Yankees!
I can’t hear anybody talk about chickens without being reminded of this, so thank you Frank Francisco.
Weather permitting, the Yankees will be taking on their cross-town rivals at Citi Field (National League baseball, so prepare for STRATEGY) tonight in the first game of a 3-game set. Frank Francisco’s silly comments may have [...]
I’m running a little short on deep analytical inspiration this Friday afternoon, so instead I will point you to this excellent piece by the Wall Street Journal’s Dan Barbarisi on the daily routine that allows Eric Chavez, who suffers from chronic back problems, to play. Chavez has been an easy [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees