Matt’s article today highlighted the struggles that Andruw Jones is having with left-handed pitching, and got me thinking about the rest of the Yankee bench, and whether possible replacements exist. Jones’ struggles are a problem because Jones was expected to be the lefty-mashing half of a DH platoon and occasional outfielder [...]
While the Yankees were rolling out a 10-game winning streak replete with dominant pitching, it had to come to an end eventually. Yesterday’s loss snapped the streak, and today’s tough outing from Phil Hughes was the worst start by a Yankee pitcher in quite some time. Hughes faced off against the Braves’ Tommy Hanson, like [...]
Sorry for the lateness of the thread, we had some miscommunications. The Yankees look to start another winning streak in a rare weekday day game against the Braves. Feel free to discuss the game, the ungodly heat, and anything else that strikes your fancy. Let’s go Yankees!
EJ had a great post yesterday analyzing some of the important prospects to watch on the Yankees’ short-season affiliates, who began their 2012 seasons yesterday. I wanted to take a closer look at some of these players, and what I will be looking for over the course of the season, and I’ll start [...]
Per Kevin Levine-Flandrup and Jim Callis, the Yankees have inked 2nd-round selection Austin Aune (#89 overall) to a $1 million bonus, nearly double the slot recommendation of $548,400 for the 89th pick. Aune is an athletic prospect who some scouts believe profiles best in the outfield, but the Yankees will apparently [...]
With a day off today after a sweep of the Braves, the Yankees will be getting some well-deserved rest. Tomorrow, they will continue their journey through the NL East by beginning a 3-game series against the Washington Nationals. While the Braves and the Mets are both having pretty good seasons, the Nats have been the [...]
With Nick Swisher‘s contract expiring at the end of the 2012 season and no obvious internal replacement, the Yankees will have a tough decision to make this offseason about whether to retain the services of their 31 year-old right fielder. On the surface, retaining Swisher seems like an easy call. He has been [...]
Like General Sherman, the Yankees marched down to Atlanta looking for victory. They would try to continue their recent stretch of strong play, and an excellent run of success by the starting pitching. Ivan Nova took the hill for the Yankees, looking to replicate the strong form that he showed in his 8-inning 1-run victory [...]
As a Yankee fan, I have a difficult time feeling much vitriol toward the Mets, or even thinking of them as a rival, as we see in other crosstown rivalries like White Sox-Cubs. Most likely, this stems from the fact that throughout my entire lifetime as a fan, it has pretty much been a one-sided [...]
Yesterday’s draft action completed the Yankees’ draft class, and there are now 40 new draftees to overanalyze and agonize about for the near future. Although some of the excitement was taken out of the middle and later rounds by the new draft rules, it was still interesting to follow (even more so because a guy [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees