For the third game in a row the Yankees didn’t tee off on a Cubs starter that they should have, but fortunately it wouldn’t end up mattering as a huge Nick Swisher three-run bomb broke a 4-4 tie in the 8th inning and sent the Yankees on their way to a 10-4 win and series victory in Chicago.
For the third start in a row, CC Sabathia was good enough, but not quite Sabathia-like, giving up four runs over seven innings, scattering eight hits while only striking three out. Randy Wells went six innings and gave up four runs.
After recording zero home runs in their first two games at Wrigley, the Yankees wasted no time in this one, as Brett Gardner led the game off with a home run. After falling behind 4-1, a Swisher single and Eduardo Nunez groundout brought the Yankees to within one, and a Russell Martin sac fly tied things up in the 6th.
Though it’s the smallest of small sample sizes, in the week since Derek Jeter hit the DL, Eduardo Nunez has hit .318/.400/.500 in 27 PAs, and though we may tremble every time a ball is hit to short, his bat isn’t exactly making anyone miss Derek and his .297 season wOBA.
The Yanks head to Cincinnati tonight to face the Reds, who boast the 4th-best offensive attack in the National League by wOBA.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees