Larry’s series preview covers everything you’ll need to know about the Reds as the Yankees head into tonight’s game. The only new piece of information is that the Reds will start Travis Wood, instead of Johnny Cueto, who has a stiff neck. Here’s the lineup:
The Yankees last faced the Reds in a 2008 set at Yankee Stadium, and the last time they were at Cincinnati was in 2003. Quite a bit has changed for the Reds, who spent every season over the last 10 years as a below-.500 team (though for the most part, one that could often rake) [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Despite ranking atop most offensive categories, something still seems amiss with the Yankees’ lineup. Although several theories have surfaced to explain this disconnect, most do not stand up to scrutiny. In other words, this could very well be a case of perception trumping reality. So, [...]
Entering Sunday’s game against the Cubs, the 2011 Yankees are a stronger 2nd place team than they seem. If not for the first place Red Sox, more might be made of the Bombers’ 40-29 record, which is a .580 winning percentage and projects to a 94 win season. But that alone doesn’t tell the entire story. According [...]
Lucky for me, it would appear that the Yankees have “zero interest in Carlos Zambrano. I cannot say how happy this makes me. Zambrano’s performance is “meh” and his contract is awful–avoid at all costs. They apparently prefer lefties and/or rentals. The LHP rentals listed in the article–Paul Mahalom,
For the third game in a row the Yankees didn’t tee off on a Cubs starter that they should have, but fortunately it wouldn’t end up mattering as a huge Nick Swisher three-run bomb broke a 4-4 tie in the 8th inning and sent the Yankees on their way to a 10-4 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees