Yesterday on RAB Joe Pawlikowski wrote a post asking if Brett Gardner and Nick Swisher were of equal offensive value because prior to Tuesday’s game they both had an OPS of .779. The post is excellent, and worth reading in its own right, but to summarize here the answer is that [...]
I recently bought a subscription to The Hardball Times’ 2011 Forecasts, which features projections utilizing its Oliver forecasting system, and if you thought Bill James was too optimistic and CAIRO too realistic, Oliver’s got the pessimism end of the spectrum covered [...]
SG over at RLYW released his updated CAIRO projections last night, so I thought it would be interesting to look at the wOBA projections for the Yankees’ and Red Sox’ lineups, being that both teams are pretty much set from 1-9. For those who are unaware, wOBA is a catch-all measure of offense. It [...]
Though we’ve made no secret of our preferred position of the Yankees and Brian Cashman holding firm at their three-year, $45 million offer to Derek Jeter and see absolutely no reason for the Yankees to bid against [...]
Not quite sure how I missed this, but Fangraphs added the 2011 Bill James projections on Monday. In the vast wasteland of offseason nothingness that has enveloped my baseball-obsessed soul, this is like manna from heaven.
This will be the first in what [...]
The Yankees concluded the 2010 regular season with their ugliest stretch of play of the year, beginning the month in sole possession of first place before ultimately falling out for good on the second-to-last Friday of the season en route to a 13-17 in September/October, the team’s only losing month [...]
So I may have been a tad premature in declaring last weekend’s Yankees-Red Sox match-up to be meaningless, as Sunday night’s contest wound up being the most nerve-wracking game I’ve consumed all season. Thankfully the Yankees put an end to any last hopes the Sox may have had [...]
Once the skies came crashing open last night in the bottom of the third inning the Yankees’ fate was pretty much sealed. Down 1-0 to the Rays, barring an unexpected 15- to 20-minute rain delay A.J. Burnett‘s night was going to be over, and Joe Girardi was going to [...]
Scary to think of the damage this team will inflict once the top of the order starts kicking it into gear. Nick [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees