I’ve written about trade stuff a lot lately, including the last two days, and as there are no concrete rumors (oxy moron?) in MLB right now and I’m writing these posts before the 10 PM games to get myself some extra sleep, so I thought I’d focus on something else on field: how far the [...]
[image title="Rays Yankees Baseball" size="full" id="18243" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Stephen made a comment in his post from this morning that piqued my interest. He said the following about Randy Winn:
It seems mean-spirited to hate on the backup outfielder. He is probably a very nice guy with a very nice family, and I’m [...]
Here are the reasons why the Yankees should have won last night’s 7-6 Red Sox victory:
Their ace, despite laboring due to the disgusting mist the teams were forced to play through, tossed seven innings of one-run ball against the second-best offense in the AL.
Perhaps this is unfair to him because I’m writing this right after Winn’s infield fly ball in the 8th inning was the biggest WPA swing of the game, but Winn needs to step it up. Quickly.
With the injury to Curtis Granderson, Winn is going to be seeing a lot more playing time. As [...]
Curtis Granderson is on the 15-Day Disabled List and will miss all of May.
Chan Ho Park has been a ghost after a few solid outings
Randy Winn has a -57 OPS+.
Nick Johnson is off to a slow start.
Javier Vazquez looks bad. Real bad.
CC Sabathia tossing eight innings of one-run ball while using only 106 pitches? Yes please. Is anyone else starting to get nervous about that mostly forgotten opt-out clause CC has after the 2011 season? Assuming he continues to pitch like this and decides to re-test the market, Brian Cashman [...]
It’s pretty hard to win a game in the American League when you score only two runs (at least, through the first eight innings of a game), although the Yankees seemed poised to do just that after Phil Hughes threw 5 2/3 innings of wild yet ultimately effective one-run ball.
If Brett Gardner were to injure himself today (on a slide, etc.), forcing a trip to the 15-day disabled list, what would the Yankees’ left field situation look like tomorrow? Would manager Joe Girardi then use Marcus Thames more often, despite his iron glove, or would he simply alter the existing platoon’s configuration [...]
This is the lineup Girardi is giving us tonight???
Derek Jeter SS
Nick Swisher RF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Jorge Posada C
Marcus Thames DH
Curtis Granderson CF
Randy Winn LF
RHP Phil Hughes
My first game of the season at the Stadium and Nick the Walk is nowhere [...]
[image title="Picture 7" size="full" id="16654" align="center" linkto="full" ]
He should, says Greg Fertel after running the numbers:
Over 35 games(similar to the 150 PA I used earlier), Gardner stands to save 6.07 more runs in the field than than Thames.
That is a significant amount over such a short period of time, but [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees