Yesterday, the Twins announced that Kevin Slowey would begin the season in the bullpen serving as a longman, and various reports suggested that Slowey can be obtained for relief help. This prompted Dave Cameron of Fangraphs to say the following:
This guy ranks 56th in ERA among starters (again, 400 [...]
[image title="wave (Small)" size="full" id="17409" align="center" linkto="full" ]
A ongoing discussion that I have been having recently with a number of people on Twitter has regarded “The Wave,” a much derided stadium tradition that purists hate. Every time the wave is done, someone at the Stadium or noticing it at home sends out a [...]
[image title="Royals Yankees Baseball" size="full" id="13843" align="center" linkto="full" ]
The ESPN park factors for 2009 were released, and Yankee Stadium actually comes in at .965, 20th in baseball. What does that mean? The legend on the ESPN data page explains:
Park Factor compares the rate of stats at home vs. the rate of [...]
From The NYT Bats Blog:
The Yankees announced Sunday that they will open the stadium field level, along with the Great Hall, on Monday afternoon to allow fans to watch the team’s game against the Angels in Anaheim. The decision to open the stadium was made after the Yankees consulted with Ruben Diaz Jr., [...]
Sometime this week, Derek Jeter will break Lou Gehrig’s record for all time hits as a Yankee.
When Jeter does so, he will have accomplished the feat at the New Yankee Stadium–and it will be the first historic Yankee moment unrelated to the Stadium itself to occur there.
The selling point of the old Stadium, [...]
According to wOBA, New Yankee Stadium is now boosting offense by only 2%. And interestingly enough, there have been more runs scored per game in Yankee road games (10.45 per game) than Yankee home games (10.34 per game).
I really do not have much to add. While home runs are up in [...]
From Darren Rovell:
Those expecting to hear of a price gouge for Yankees postseason tickets might be surprised.
It’s not coming.
CNBC has seen the final face value prices that the Yankees submitted to Major League Baseball and increases will be much smaller than the jump season ticket holders saw for home games played [...]
Michael Salfino of SNY has a piece up reviewing a study done by Alan Nathan from the Department of Physics of the University of Illinois. The study was inspired by the idea that there is something of a wind tunnel in the new Yankee Stadium, which is affecting the number of Home [...]
After an always exciting, often euphoric weekend, I have so many thoughts jumbling around my head that it has taken a while for me to distill them into some reasonable, conveyable thoughts. There are two in particular that I would like to share about the greatness of baseball.
1) I was at the game last [...]
After the first game of this now triumphant series against Boston, Ross from New Stadium Insider penned a guest post for RAB about the acoustics in the new ballpark. He wrote:
At the old Yankee Stadium – and other great home parks such as Fenway – crowd noise builds in anticipation of a big [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees