We’re rapidly approaching the half way point in the season, and the Yankees have been looking very good of late (48-31 W/L, Pythag 51-28 W/L, 5.33 R/G). Tonight’s matchup kicks off this season’s final series against the beleaguered Mets. The weather looks good, it’s a Friday night (on a holiday weekend no less), and it’s the [...]
Here are a few quick news items on the day:
After some speculation earlier in the year, Derek Jeter confirmed that he wants to be an owner one day. Since being released by the Yankees, the Mets, Dodgers, and D-Backs have checked in on Chad Gaudin. According to team GM, [...]
While there has been a lot of talk about who will fill the Yankees’ fifth starter role, there has been even more talk in Mets camp about who will fill just about any role. Aside from Johan Santana, the pitching staff is a bit of a question mark. And while much of the Mets’ buzz [...]
Greetings to all those readers who still have power (I don’t; I’m writing this from the library). In keeping with some of my last posts, I’m going to throw a small bit of limelight onto some players outside the Yankee scope of things. I’ve covered the NL West and NL Central, so now I’ll turn [...]
Sanspo has gotten a hold of Yusei Kikuchi’s meeting schedule over the rest of the month, leading up to the draft. Here’s the breakdown:
Oct 16: meetings with Hanshin, Seibu, and Orix
Oct 17: Chunichi, Yakult, Nippon Ham, Chiba Lotte, Hiroshima, Rakuten and others
Oct 19: begin meeting with [...]
Here’s a post that was inevitable.
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
Who knows how matters might have played out if the Yankees had actually made their trade for Santana after the 2007 season. But more and more, GM Brian Cashman’s restraint then is being paid off now. Cashman philosophically could not advocate giving up [...]
Eric Seidman at FanGraphs has a great read up in which he assesses Carlos Beltran’s underlying value to the Mets. In the end, the findings are very clear — offensively and defensively, Carlos Beltran is a terrific baseball player. In fact, from a contractual standpoint, even though he was awarded a 7-year deal worth $119 million [...]
MIAMI – Everybody knows how much Jimmy Rollins loves to beat the Mets. His world champion Phillies are the team to beat but Rollins’ ultimate baseball dream is to beat both New York teams in the same season.
Whip the Mets in the NL East or in the NLCS, then [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees