(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
I have spent a lot of time over the last month or two defending Joe Girardi. He does an excellent job managing his roster, and I feel quite confident in saying that he is a well above average manager. Last night, however, he had the worst night he has ever had as Yankees manager, with [...]
One of the common complaints that I hear about Joe Girardi is that he bunts too often with a lineup that is extremely powerful, often playing for one run rather than allowing his offense freedom to hang a crooked number on the board. While the Yankees are near the bottom in the AL in sacrifice [...]
From Larry Brooks:
But the bullpen illustrates the most obvious difference between the past and present manager.
In 2005, three Yankees were among the top 11 in the AL in innings pitched by a reliever; in 2006, three Yankees were among the top nine; in 2007, two were in the top 13. Last year, [...]
As fans, we often get fairly cocky about our knowledge of the sport. We make sweeping generalizations about a manager and a decision based upon our own store of experience, often criticizing moves as being clearly wrong. However, in actuallity, baseball is a complex sport that often presents multiple reasonable courses of action. Yet we [...]
Joe Girardi came under fire after yesterday’s game for a number of the decisions that he made prior to, and during, yesterday’s 6-4 loss to Oakland. Being that I found all of his moves entirely logical and defensible, I would like to serve as Joe’s mouthpiece for a second and explain his decisions.
1) Sitting [...]
From Bob Klapisch:
But there’s more to managing than simply bodysurfing a winning streak. Girardi looked crisp and in control when the Yankees were mauling the AL a month ago, launching all those crazy comebacks. But now they’re struggling — the Red Sox’ [...]
With the recent explosion of the internet as a means for sports discussion and analysis, the typical sports fan has become significantly more informed and intelligent. The more frequent exchange of ideas has led to the questioning of some of the conventional wisdom that butresses many of the decisions that managers make ”by the book.” [...]
This from NY Post hockey guru Larry Brooks:
“He’s pitched Upton tougher than he’s pitched Longoria during the course of his career,” Girardi said. “That’s why I made the move.”
The small samples showed that Upton had gone 1-for-7 with six strikeouts against Rivera while Longoria had gone 2-for-6 with a home run, so [...]
From David Pinto:
Erik Boland posts the Yankees lineup, which includes Berroa at third, Gardner in center, and Melky Cabrera in leftfield. Damon and Matsui are on the bench. The Indians are throwing a bad left-handed pitcher tonight, Jeremy Sowers, one that right-handers eat up. So Girardi takes the opportunity to rest his older [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees