Over the past few days, we’ve been privy to some pretty enthralling baseball. As the final days of the season come to an end, the Sox, Rays, Cardinals, and Braves having taken center stage as they desperately fight for October admittance. With all of this added mania, I’ve found myself watching even more baseball than [...]
Greetings to all those readers who still have power (I don’t; I’m writing this from the library). In keeping with some of my last posts, I’m going to throw a small bit of limelight onto some players outside the Yankee scope of things. I’ve covered the NL West and NL Central, so now I’ll turn [...]
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Braves’ interest in Johnny Damon has increased in recent days, to the point where the club has sent the 36-year old outfielder a one-year offer. Further confirming this is Mark Bowman, who notes that the proposal includes some deferred money. The organization has [...]
According to Dave O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Braves can “afford to sign” the 36-year old outfielder “if they could do a one- or two-year deal for well below $10 mill per, and perhaps closer to $7-8 mill per season if it’s a two-year deal” (trading Melky Cabrera could also allow [...]
Over the weekend, the Daily News’ Anthony McCarron analyzed the Yankees’ recent acquisition of starter Javier Vazquez. To the right of that text, in a sidebar titled “JAVIER VAZQUEZ, RHP,” McCarron briefly summarized his article, and outlined both “The Positives” and “The Negatives” pertaining to the team’s newly acquired strikeout specialist. One of [...]
According to George King (NY Post), a team interested in acquiring reliever Brian Bruney from the Yankees, was told that Bruney would be headed to Atlanta. I’m not really sure why the Braves would be interested in the frustrating righty — actually, two teams are interested in him if this report is [...]
From Jon Heyman, not only do we learn that the Blue Jays have said to the Yankees and the Red Sox that they would rather not trade Roy Halladay within their division (not surprising news), we also learn that the Yankees tried to trade for Jeff Francoeur House of Fury movie [...]
From Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports):
The Braves are believed to have between $6 million and $8 million left to spend this offseason, and the team needs an outfielder more than a starting pitcher. Free agent outfielders Adam Dunn and Bobby Abreu are off the board, leaving a trade for the Yankees’ Nick Swisher as [...]
From Jayson Stark (SI):
In the meantime, the Braves seem to have emerged as the club most interested in Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher. But there are indications the teams got hung up when the Braves asked the Yankees to eat some of the $22.05 million Swisher has coming over the next three years — [...]
From Jayson Stark (ESPN):
Hard as Joe Torre tries to spin his thoughts about Alex Rodriguez, we’ve heard from multiple sources that when A-Rod was a free agent last offseason, Torre advised the Dodgers not to touch him.
Well, have fun with… Casey Blake (oh, he’s “gritty”). Too bad Joe didn’t talk them out [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees