All good things must come to an end. That holds especially true for winning streaks. The Athletics snapped the Yankees seven game win streak Sunday, beating the Bombers 5-4. The Yankees let an opportunity slip away. The Orioles also lost in Boston. On the one hand this means that the Yankees hold on [...]
How crazy was today’s game? Well, it’s after 7:00 p.m and I am just writing the recap for a 1:00 p.m. game.
CC Sabathia had not looked good in his previous four starts coming into tonight’s start. Many people were wondering which CC would show up: CC the Ace or CC the guy who was pitching like he was hiding an injury?
The answer: CC the Ace showed up tonight.
Sabathia started off a little [...]
It wasn’t the prettiest win of the season and it got a little scary late in the game but the Yankees were able to hold off the Blue Jays and complete a three-game sweep.
Phil Hughes had an odd outing. He only lasted five innings – throwing 102 pitches, gave up four runs [...]
This one wasn’t as close as the score suggests. The Yankees took a five to nothing lead in the bottom of the third inning, which would prove to be the ball game. Derek Jeter got the party started, knocking in Eduardo Nunez on a single after Nunez swiped second to put [...]
I apologize in advance for the not-so-clever Ivan Nova cliche but it must be said. Nova was super today. In his first outing since August 21, Nova pitched into the seventh inning surrendering only two earned runs – one was a Luke Scott single given up by
Let’s play a game of good news/bad news, shall we?
Good news: Derek Jeter is still hitting well.
Bad news: He struck out to end the game.
Good news: The Yankees scored four runs – look, it’s better than the two they mustered last night.
Bad news: CC Sabathia also gave up [...]
Prior to tonight’s game, Phil Hughes had been terrible at Fenway Park. It’s the ballpark he’s had the most trouble in so far in his career. So, of course, Hughes would come out and lead the Yankees to a 2-0 win over the Red Sox.
Hughes pitched into the eighth inning, [...]
You know what would be delightful? An easy game. But no, the Yankees don’t ever allow their fans to sit through easy games anymore. Their fans always have to be sitting in their living rooms or at their computers, watching the ninth inning through their fingers.
Curtis Granderson was the hitting star of [...]
There’s a reason the Boston Red Sox are in last place. They’re terrible, horrible, no good and very bad. The Red Sox hadn’t won in like two months – okay, that’s an exaggeration but still the Yankees should be beating teams that are this bad.
The Yankees, as usual, had issues with runners [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees