Welp, we’re back to a tie in the AL East.
- Tonight’s pitching was terrible. David Phelps gave up 5 runs, 4 in the first inning, through just 4.0 IP. He set a terrible tone for tonight’s game.
- Joba Chamberlain came in relief and allowed just one hit, though it was a homerun to designated stupid-face/poopy-head Mark Reynolds.
- By the top of the 8th, the Yankees were down 6-1 to the Orioles. The Yankees found a way to bat around, and it all accumulated in a huge bases loaded 2 out hit from Ichiro Suzuki that tied the game. Hold crap, the slumping Yankees made a huge 5 run comeback!
- Then David Robertson happened. He immediately allowed an Adam Jones homerun on a cutter down the middle. Then he allowed Matt Wieters to single, which was followed by yet another Mark Reynolds homerun. That’s 3 2-homerun games from Reynolds over the last 4 games against the Yankees. I hate this guy.
- Boone Logan also pitched, he gave up a solo homerun right after Reynold’s second shot, on the first pitch that Chris David saw, and the only pitch the LOOGY threw.
- Yankees didn’t do much in the 9th besides a strong Nick Swisher at bat, a single from Robinson Cano, but then another caught line drive off Alex Rodriguez. Eric Chavez struckout to end the game.
- The pitching might have been terrible, but the offense certainly wasn’t. They drew a total of 6 walks tonight, and accumulated 10 hits. They would have scored a lot more if they didn’t hit 3 double plays and smash quite a few line drive outs.
Sorry for the bullet points, but tonight was a tough pill to swallow after such a promising 8th inning comeback. Vent here.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees