With Alex Rodriguez‘s recent injury, freakish though it may be, we’re forced to think (again) about his future with the team. No, he’s not going to injure himself out of baseball and the team isn’t going to cut him. They’re stuck with him, for better or worse, until his contract runs out. I’m [...]
Tyler Austin is the biggest story this year in the Yankee system, without much question. His breakout has been real and powerful, and he is a now a solid top-50 prospect in all of baseball. But I think that a number of stories are flying under the radar right now. The most under-the-radar-y, and in [...]
(The following is being syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
They haven’t gotten a whole lot of ink this season while the majority of the focus has been on the injuries, RISP Fail, and starting rotation, but the contributions of the Yankee bench this season should not be going unnoticed. [...]
A.J. Burnett may not be a Yankee, but analyzing his post-Yankee days may tell us how other team’s approached the problem child. The starting pitcher has been wildly successful this season, posting a 3.59 ERA, a 3.50 FIP, a 7.44 K/9, and 2.84 BB/9. Most of the media’s analysis has ended at the [...]
The nightmarish road trip is finally over. The Yankees were awfully close to finishing this West Coast swing 1-6 but thanks to some late game heroics, they salvaged a series win against the Seattle Mariners.
Once again the Yankees struck early with a solo home run by Derek Jeter in the first inning [...]
Replacement level is one of the underlying fundamentals of sabermetrics that many people struggle to grasp. Over the next few weeks, Yankee fans unfamiliar with the concept are going to get a crash course.
Even before breaking [...]
The Yankees wrap up their final West Coast swing today by taking on the Mariners behind Ivan Nova.
After being hit by a hard Felix Hernandez changeup, Alex Rodriguez hit the ground, and subsequently hit the disabled list. The initial prognosis is a nondisplaced fifth metacarpal fracture. It means the bone is broken, but remained in the proper position. It also means, Rodriguez will likely be out for 6-8 [...]
For more insight on Kuroda, visit RAB and read Joe’s piece on him from yesterday.
April and May weren’t necessarily too kind to Hiroki Kuroda. He had an up and down start to his Yankee career and generally left us wanting more, despite some good starts sprinkled in. Through April and May, [...]
There is no other way to say it: This game was terrible. The Yankee offense couldn’t get anything going and whenever they did get people on base, the good ol’ RISP fail reared its ugly head.
Of course, the worst news of the night wasn’t the loss. No, there was something much worse.
In the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees