The Yanks are north of the border today and tomorrow, playing the Blue Jays in Toronto for the first time this year. The Blue Jays are a bit different than they’ve been the last few years, at least coming into this series. The last few years, we’ve seen the Blue Jays rake, but not necessarily match that on the pitching side. This year, they’re sort of all over the place on both sides of the ball (all numbers accurate as of Tuesday night).
The Jays rank a respectable 8th in runs in the AL, with 165 despite being 11th/10th/7th respectively in BA/OBP/SLG respectively (.238/.311/.394) and 9th in wOBA (.309). They’re helped out being 5th in the AL in homers (44) Their team leaders in those categories are:
Encarnacion also leads the team in wRC+ with a 147 mark. He, Johnson (125), and Jose Bautista (102) are the only Jays with wRC+ marks over 100.
On the pitching side, the Jays are 10th in the AL in K% (18.1), 14th in BB% (10.3!), and 13th in FIP (4.63). Despite those sketchy-at-best peripherals, the Jays are 5th in ERA at 3.72. The pitchers the Yankees will face will be Kyle Drabek and Drew Hutchinson.
Drabak has a respectable 19.5 K%, but an unsightly 14.2 BB%. That decent k-rate and a solid 56.4% GB rate have helped Drabek strand 83.0% of the runners who reach against him, a staggering figure. That strand rate has led to a 3.66 ERA despite a 5.10 FIP and a 5.27 tERA.
Hutchinson has a 5.33/4.05/3.77/6.15 ERA/FIP/xFIP/tERA split to go with a 16.9 K% and a manageable 8.1 BB%. His strand rate, unlike Drabek’s, is an absurdly low 64.4%.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees