6+ weeks of baseball in the books is a good enough sample dust this baby off for its maiden voyage, so let’s get right to it. Of course there will be some changes this year, most notably Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi from the blockbuster Yankees-Mariners trade this past winter. There will also be some former Yanks that won’t be logging any stats in 2012 for a variety of reasons. Kerry Wood retired on Friday after a rough start (8.32 ERA 2.192 WHIP) to his season. Javier Vazquez retired this past off season, and Arodys Vizcaino blew out his elbow in ST had Tommy John surgery in March. Chien Ming Wang suffered a hamstring injury in ST and hasn’t pitched yet for Washington this year. He’s ready to come off the DL, but there doesn’t appear to be a spot for him in the Nats rotation. They may use him out of the bullpen, or look to deal him.
In other ex-Yankee news, Ian Kennedy pitched last night for the Diamondbacks facing the Royals and it wasn’t his night. He lasted just 4.1 IP allowing 6ER and 8H in what was his worst outing of the season. Melky Cabrera is off to a hot start in San Francisco, and rumors are swirling about a possible extension for the former Yankee who will be a free agent at the end of the year. Jesus Montero sat the past two games for the Mariners, since they didn’t have the DH playing in Colorado and he’s been slumping of late. Earlier this year Mark Melancon was demoted to AAA by the Red Sox after posting a whopping 49.50 ERA (6.00 WHIP) in just 4 appearances, but in 13 appearances since being sent down to Pawtucket he’s yet to allow a run. Austin Jackson has been out since Wednesday with an abdominal strain, but it looks like he’ll avoid a DL stint. A-Jax appears to be putting things together at age 25. He has finally cut down on his SO, is taking his BBs and is off to a phenomenal start (.428 wOBA).
(EDITORS NOTE: If there’s someone you’re looking for that I missed, please leave a note in the comments)
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees