Fresh off their sweep of the usually troublesome Blue Jays, the Yanks begin a four game set against one of their favorite opponents, Buck Showalter’s Baltimore Orioles. On the bump for the Orioles is Brian Matusz, who sports a 9.07 ERA on the season and has actually been worse (9.56 ERA) in 3 starts since coming back from an injury. Garcia is 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA in 3 starts facing the O’s this year.
This season, the Yanks are 11-3 against the O’s and have outscored them 98-49 (+49 Run differential) which leads me to my fact of the day from BR’s blog. The Yanks and Phillies are both on track to have +200 run differentials this year. If you look back over the past 40 years, teams in that category were mostly very memorable and very often World Series winners. The 2007 Red Sox, 2001 Mariners, 1998 Yankees, 1993/97-98 Braves, 1995 Indians, 1986 Mets, 1975-76 Reds, 1969-71 Orioles and the 1961 Yankees all reached this plateau. Of course, with the multi-tiered playoff system we all know that the best teams don’t always make it to the World Series, but suffice to say were watching a very good Yankee team this year. Run Differential is a great way to measure dominance, the two teams with the highest marks in history were the 1927 Yankees (+376) and the 1939 Yankees (+411) both of which are considered untouchable numbers in today’s game.
Here’s your lineup, courtesy of Yankee PR:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Andruw Jones RF
Russel Martin C
Jesus Montero DH
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees