Note: Be sure to read Sean’s Minor League Update in case you missed it.
UPDATE, 5:00pm: It’s been one heck of an injury-riddled day in Yankeeland, as word has come through that Manny Banuelos is joining Betances on the DL, suffering from what is also believed to be a blister issue, while Josh Norris also reports that uber-prospect Gary Sanchez has also hit the disabled list, with a yet-to-be-disclosed injury.
It’s rather insane that the Yankees’ three best non-Jesus Montero prospects all hit the DL on the exact same day; however, if the Banuelos and Betances injuries are in fact simply just blister issues they shouldn’t be terribly detrimental.
Oh, and it’s now sounding like Pedro Feliciano may need to undergo season-ending surgery. While most if not all of us at TYA are big Brian Cashman supporters, this has rapidly become a pretty indefensible signing, and one would hope Cash finally learns his lesson going forward about inking big money relief pitchers (Steve Karsay, Kyle Farnsworth and Damaso Marte all say hello).
11:36am: Dellin Betances has once again hit the disabled list, retroactive to April 11. However, it doesn’t sound terribly serious, as Josh Norris reports that Mark Newman said it was simply a blister on Betances’ throwing hand and that he expects him to only miss “a start.”
According to the press release posted on Mike Ashmore’s excellent Thunder Thoughts blog, “Betances (0-1, 1.93) made his first start of the 2011 season in New Hampshire on April 10 where he lasted 4.2 innings against the Fisher Cats (Toronto Blue Jays) and only surrendered one earned run on five hits.”
If you’re reading this site, than you undoubtedly already know that Betances — one of the Yankees’ “Killer B’s,” along with Manny Banuelos and Andrew Brackman — saw his stock skyrocket after last season’s breakout campaign, in which he threw 71 innings of 1.77 ERA/1.83 FIP ball (with an 11.15 K/9!) at high A.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees