Not sure what’s in the water over there, but it seems like every time I visit FanGraphs they (a) have a new writer; (b) said new writer is delivering incredibly interesting content in multiple parts; and (c) they’re knocking pretty much everything out of the park.
The following nonet of pieces caught my eye, and are very much worth checking out:
Who is the most valuable player in baseball, part 1
Who is the most valuable player in baseball, part 2
Return of the two-division format, part 1
Return of the two-division format, part 2
We’re going streaking, part 1
We’re going streaking, part 2
Starting pitcher disabled list analysis, part 1
Starting pitcher disabled list analysis, part 2
Starting pitcher disabled list analysis, part 3
Mike tackled the idea of Divisional Realignment last year, and I’ve been meaning to write a follow-up post of my own on the topic but have gotten sidelined with something else pretty much every time. While I like Paul Swydan’s idea of reverting to the two-division format, I wholeheartedly endorse the idea of killing the divisions and going back to just the two leagues, pre-1969-style. In my proposal the top four teams in each league would make the playoffs, and be seeded accordingly. It’ll never happen, but it’s fun to think about.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees