In 13 hours, 2010 will officially be in the books. We’ll have finished our 365th rotation around the sun and we’ll starting writing the first lines of the new year. However, we could argue that 2010 will be on-going, at least for us baseball fans. The Hot Stove season, however cooled it may be, is still burning and that gives us a link to 2010 and our new year won’t start until pitchers and catchers report in mid-February. But, in keeping with tradition, here’s some Yankee and baseball themed resolutions for us to try out:
–This is for a certain (growing) segment of Yankee fans: Stop being obsessed with what the Red Sox do. Yes they’re the Yankees chief rival but we can’t always look up I-95 (to 91 to 84…or the Merrit to 91 to 84 if you please) and say “WHY AREN’T THE YANKEES DOING THAT?!”
–Let’s remember that it’s still a 162 game season, a marathon, not a sprint. No one game or no one week is likely to decide the season. This goes for the team’s performance as well as the collective performances of the players.
–Maybe I can stop irrationally hating Ian Kinsler and Aaron Hill. I don’t even know why, but I get a lot more enjoyment rooting for them to fail than I do from anyone in the non-Red Sox division.
Regardless of your resolutions, or what you plan to change in your baseball-mind in 2011, let’s all remember that we’re at this blog for one common reason: we love the Yankees. That’s something that will carry us through 2011, just as it did through 2010.
Happy New Year, everyone!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees