-Jon Heyman is reporting Andy Pettitte is likely to come back, because his family can’t wait to get him out of the house supports it. That wind you feel on the back of your neck is the result of millions Yankee fans exhaling at the same time.
-Kerry Wood appears close to landing where he started, signing a deal with the Cubbies. No details are available yet, but there were reports he was offered a 2 year contract by the crosstown ChiSox, so we’ll guess this deal is similar. As good as Wood was for the Yanks last year, posting a 0.69 ERA and stabilizing a shaky bridge to Mariano, it had the markings of luck all over it. I think it’s safe to say he wasn’t going to maintain his 625 ERA+ had he returned. His 2 year/20.5 mil deal with the Indians was an unmitigated disaster, so you can’t be too upset over this one.
-Former Yankee Xavier Nady has landed with the Diamondbacks, good for him.
-Yanks are hot and heavy after Bobby Jenks. Since there are no top of the rotation starters left this off season, expect the Yanks to take some of the 24 mil they saved on Cliff Lee to bolster their bullpen. Joel Sherman reports they’re targeting 2 relief pitchers, a starter with questionable health (not Webb) and a righty bat with some pop for the OF. They’ll wind up being deeper and less top heavy as a result of not signing Lee, and I like it.
-This one goes into the ‘Anatomy of a rumor’ file. A reporter from the Seattle Times innocently posts in his blog a piece asking ” Should the Ms take advantage of the Yankee desperation and listen to offers for Felix?” The next thing you know, it spreads like wildfire. WEEI reports it as if it’s actually happening (and we can all just imagine the reactions among Red Sox fans in cars and homes across Boston). Soon thereafter luminaries from Keith Law to Joel Sherman and Ken Rosenthal all reported on the subject. Jon Heyman even got Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik to weigh in on the topic. Friend of TYU Craig Calcaterra seemed to be the only one who saw this for what it is, a silly rumor with nothing to it.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees