Okay so a lot happened over the last weekend in Yankee baseball and I didn’t really comment on much of it at the time, so here we go…
1. The Cliff Lee Saga
This trade was something I did not want to happen. I didn’t want it to happen not because I’m anti-getting-Cliff-Lee; I’m anti-getting-Cliff-Lee-in-a-trade. [...]
We didn’t get too deep into the weeds here at Yankeeist on Friday with all of the back-and-forth on Cliff Lee, primarily because it seemed silly to speculate/analyze until there was an official announcement, although plenty of you were certainly looking for any news you could find [...]
Others here have offered their midseason evaluation of this year’s Yankee squad, and this afternoon I will do the same. I’ve ranked every notable player on the 2010 Yankees on a 1-5 star basis, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. My methodology is to evaluate both current performance against past performance and [...]
Back before the season ended, I posted a series of articles about players I thought were worth watching in each division. Let’s check back in and see if those predictions (AL only in this post) were any better than my predictions for the season, which weren’t all that good.
Clay Buchholz: [...]
Ever Yankee fan knows that Joba Chamberlain is having a poor season this year. Yet when you look deeper into his numbers, many of his rate stats are good. K/9 is a healthy 9.64, BB/9 is an acceptable 3.38, giving him roughly a 3 to 1 SO/BB rate. His FIP stands at [...]
What a difference a year makes. The 2009 Yankees were 51-37 a year ago and three games out of first place at the All-Star break after getting swept by the Los Angeles Angels. The 2010 Yankees are 56-32 and in first place with the best record in baseball, two games [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees