The Yankees beat the Twins 8-4 Friday night in a pretty crazy game that saw the lead change hands four times and seemed on the verge of getting out of hand early as A.J. Burnett’s control completely vanished in the second inning.
Burnett inexcusably issued a bases loaded [...]
According to batting average on balls in play (BABIP), Yankees slugger, Mark Teixeira, is currently the unluckiest first baseman in baseball (with 140 plate appearances or more). Though his career BABIP is a healthy .305, Teixeira’s season number is significantly lower than that, sitting at .202. Examining his other statistics this year, there [...]
Let’s check in on Nick Swisher for a moment, shall we? Specifically, let’s take a look at his defense on the year. In 2009, Swisher posted a -2.6 UZR/150 (-1.5 UZR) in his first season as the Yankees’ full-time right fielder. It was an average line, although I’m sure many Yankee fans had [...]
Carpenter called out Houston’s Carlos Lee after Lee popped out to shortstop in the third inning of the St. Louis Cardinals’ 4-1 loss to the Astros.
Lee was frustrated with his at-bat, expressing it in a way Carpenter didn’t appreciate. The two exchanged words as the benches [...]
Pictured: My all-time favorite Alex Rodriguez moment, his game-tying home run in Game 2 of the ALDS off Nathan
Much has been made of Mark Teixeira’s slow start this year, and rightfully so. Teixeira was an offensive vortex in the three hole for the entire month [...]
First off, I want to thank everyone who commented, both positively and negatively on yesterday’s article. I really appreciate your insights.
Moving on, I know that such a system is not perfect, since it has many limitations: A 5 inning, 5 walk, 4 hit, somehow-no-runs, 100 pitches performance looks the same as a [...]
Yankees vs. Tigers in the unbalanced schedule era [May 10, 2010]
Series Preview: Yankees at Red Sox II [May 7, 2010]
Yankees vs. White Sox in the unbalanced schedule era [April 30, 2010]
Yankees vs. Orioles in the [...]
When Nick Johnson signed with the Yanks this past off season, much was made about his keen batting eye and his robust .424 On-Base% from last year. Much was also made about the fact that he’s always hurt, and how much time he’s missed since becoming a MLB ‘regular’. Just to have [...]
Well, that sucked. And so ends one of the oddest sagas of the past few years of my life. For those Yankeeist readers who don’t know, I’m currently in Michigan. I attended all 4 of the games the Yankees played in Detroit. I went to the games with [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees