My first walk-off win in person this year. Francisco Cervelli’s hit was great, although Hideki Matsui is really the hero of this game in my book, hitting a huge two-run bomb in the 8th to tie it up. Considering the Blue Jays bullpen basically handcuffed the Yankees from the 2nd inning through the 7th, [...]
If the Yankees never get into a brawl last night and Jorge Posada never gets suspended, Francisco Cervelli never gets his bottom-of-the-ninth at bat with Brett Gardner on third base.
True, maybe the Yankees don’t need some ninth inning magic to win the game, but that ruins the fun of this post.
As it were, [...]
Sorry for the late thread.
Here are the lineups, courtesy of PA (LoHud):
Pitching: RHP Chad Gaudin (1-0, 3.42 with Yankees).
BLUE JAYS (66-79)
Jorge Posada has been suspended for four games due to his actions last night. He has also been fined $3,000. Jesse Carlson, who was on the bad end of someone’s punch, received the same punishment from the MLB. Jorge might as well serve his suspension now. The Yankees should be able to win this [...]
From Jack Curry:
“There’s a different fire about those guys,” Hunter said. “I’ve been playing a long time. I know they hit homers, they do different things, but it’s the smaller things I see that’s different.”
While Hunter said there was a difference about the Yankees, he could not pinpoint exactly what it was. [...]
From Joel Sherman:
The Yankees are likely to have the home-field advantage throughout the AL playoffs, and with that comes the right to pick a first-round series in which they have multiple off-days that allow them to go with three starters. With the extra off-days they need no more than a seven-man bullpen. Thus, [...]
In 2010, the Yankees will have cut the ticket prices for 6,454 of their seats while the rest—41,928 seats—will remain at the same season price as this year. Only 1,704 seats in the Main Level will experience an increase in pricing as those tickets will go from $100 to $125. You can see more [...]
When you have a brawl like the one we saw last night, there will be plenty of interesting quotes after the game explaining what happened and what’s next. I’ll go through them one by one:
“He was just right there on the line to the dugout. We got carried away and hopefully [...]
Scranton defeated by Durham, 4-1 (Durham leads best of 5 series 1-0)
Romulo Sanchez took the loss for the Yankees, giving up 3 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings, with 8 strikeouts. He was outdueled by Jeremy Hellickson, who gave up a run and fanned 6 in 6 2/3 innings. Zach [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees