Scranton beaten by Buffalo, 7-2
- Anthony Claggett took the loss, giving up 4 runs (2 earned) on 7 hits in 5 innings of work, and struck out 3.
- Zach Kroenke gave up 2 runs on 4 hits in 2 innings, and struck out 3.
- Kevin Whelan struck out 3 in 1 inning of relief, but also gave up a run on 2 hits and a walk.
- Edwar Ramirez struck out 2 in a perfect inning of work.
- Colin Curtis was 2 for 4.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 1 with 2 walks.
- Yurendell De Caster was 1 for 4.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 3 with a walk and a throwing error.
Trenton falls to New Hampshire, 8-5
- Zach McAllister had a rare rough outing, giving up 4 runs on 4 hits and 3 walks in 3 innings of work. This raised his ERA to 2.40, which still leads the Eastern League by more than half a run.
- Humberto Sanchez gave up 3 unearned runs on 2 hits and 2 walks in 2 innings, and struck out 3.
- Eduardo Nunez was 0 for 3 with a walk and his 29th error of the season.
- Matt Cusick was 1 for 4.
- Noah Hall was 1 for 5 with a double.
- Edwar Gonzalez was 2 for 5 with a double.
- PJ Pilittere was 2 for 2 with a walk, and threw out 2 of 3 attempted basestealers.
- Ryan Baker was 2 for 2.
- Marcos Vechionacci was 3 for 5.
Tampa was off today
Charleston defeats Augusta, 7-2 (10 innings)
- Trenton Lare continued his strong pitching, giving up an unearned run on 4 hits and a walk in 7 2/3 innings, with 8 strikeouts.
- Jose Pirela was 2 for 6, but made 2 throwing errors.
- Abe Almonte continued to hit, going 2 for 5. He also struck out twice.
- Corban Joseph was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.
- Mitch Abeita was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 5.
Staten Island defeated by Oneonta, 7-6 (11 innings, completion of suspended game)
- Francisco Rondon started, giving up 5 runs on 5 hits and 4 walks in 4 innings, with 7 strikeouts.
- Emerson Landoni was 2 for 5 with a triple.
- Zoilo Almonte was 3 for 4 with a double.
- Deangelo Mack was 1 for 5.
- Mike Lyon, Chad Gross and Justin Milo were 1 for 4.
- Carmen Angelini was 1 for 5.
Staten Island edges Oneonta, 2-1 (7 innings)
- Sean Black got the start, giving up a run on 3 hits and 2 walks in 4 innings of work.
- Gavin Brooks got the save, lowering his ERA to 0.76 with a shutout inning of relief. The lefty from UCLA walked 1 and struck out 2.
- Jimmy Paredes was 1 for 3.
- Luke Murton was 1 for 3.
- Kyle Higashioka was 1 for 1 with 2 walks.
- Kelvin Castro and Carmen Angelini were 1 for 3.
GCL Yanks shut out by Tigers, 10-0
- Mikey O’Brien struggled, giving up 8 runs (5 earned) on 7 hits and 4 walks in 2 1/3 innings.
- Manny Barreda struck out 5 in 2 shutout innings, while allowing a hit and a walk.
- First-round pick Slade Heathcott made his professional debut, leading off and playing centerfield. He was 1 for 3.
- Francisco Cervelli, rehabbing, was 0 for 3.
- JR Murphy, DH’ing, continued to hit, going 2 for 4. As Damon Oppenheimer said, this kid can flat out hit.
- Kelvin De Leon was 0 for 1 with a walk.
- Jud Golsan was 1 for 2.
- Jose Toussen and Mitch Delaney were 1 for 4. Toussen made 2 errors.
- Eduardo Sosa was 1 for 2.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees