Pete Abe comes up with the news:
Melky Cabrera: He had an MRI and will be sent back to New York tomorrow to be examined by team doctor Chris Ahmad. The initial diagnosis is that he will be out 5-7 days. If it’s more than that, they will probably DL him and call up [...]
Ben over at RAB had the following to say about the ASG:
For some reason, Major League Baseball insists on turning the All Star Game, a glorified exhibition for the game’s best players, into something that plays a determining role in the World Series, the game’s crowning [...]
Joba Chamberlain has had an eventful week, as he was hit on the knee by a line drive in the first inning of one start and only lasted 4 innings in the next one. While these two aborted starts were not fun to watch or live in the same city as Mike Francesa after, they [...]
You’d think that any problems with your number 2 starter would be watched very, very carefully. You would think that a young, inexpensive pitcher who throws a 95mph sinker would merit some special attention. You’d think that rehabilitation for a guy that won 19 games in back-to-back seasons despite being a ground ball pitcher backed [...]
From Craig Calcaterra for NBC Sports:
Maury Chass reports that Major League Baseball is putting the screws to the owners to keep signing bonuses down this year:
Bud Selig has repeatedly cautioned clubs about the economy, and at the owners’ meeting last Thursday he told them he was doing something about [...]
Melky Cabrera strained his shoulder running into the wall in the first inning last night, and has an MRI scheduled for later today. He said that it does not feel too bad and that it should only keep him out a few days. We shall see. Joba Chamberlain looked awful last night, going just 4 [...]
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Baseball ratings are down across the board, as compared to this time last year. The article says:
Seven months after recording the lowest-rated World Series in history, Major League Baseball’s national broadcast business is still waiting for a recovery.
Lousy weather, delayed games and a lackluster matchup [...]
Scranton’s game against Syracuse was postponed
Trenton batters New Britain, 11-0
Zach McAllister put together another strong start, giving up just 4 hits and 2 walks in 7 shutout innings, while striking out 5. This type of outing has been Zach’s MO over the past 2 years: not striking [...]
For someone who keeps track of the minors as much as I do, the draft represents one of the most interesting events to watch. It is probably the most important way for major league teams to restock their farm systems. For those who don’t think the draft is important to a big-market team like the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees