There were 20 home runs hit in the first four games in the New Yankees Stadium, leading many to suggest that the club had built a newer version of Coors Field. However, from Tyler Kepner, we get word that similar runs of homers happened in the old park as well:
But 20 homers over [...]
With the rain out today, here is our current rotation schedule:
Assuming that the Yankees postpone the missed A’s game until later in the season, this off day seems fortuitous for the [...]
But there is someone you should be concerned about. Chien-Ming Wang is a 29 year-old pitcher coming off of a FOOT injury. He throws a 95 mph sinker and and won 38 games in two seasons from 06-07 while eating 200 innings with ERAs in the mid threes. Wang hasn’t pitched competitively for a long [...]
With Xavier Nady injured and facing surgery or lengthy rehab, the Yankees currently have Melky Cabrera as their best bench bat. This is a far cry from the start of the season in which they were certain to have a starting caliber bat on the pine. This poses a problem in terms of depth, as [...]
From Joel Sherman:
Also, the Yanks were privately a lot more optimistic by Sunday that Xavier Nady could avoid Tommy John surgery and that he might be able to return in June and form a righty-lefty DH platoon with Hideki Matsui. Of course, that would mean the Yanks were carrying two players who did [...]
The sabermetric community has been abuzz the last few days with attempts to explain the collapse of Chien-Ming Wang. Driveline Mechanics did some interesting work and found that Wang’s velocity and movement are down:
When his velocity was up near 92, he was recording outs without a problem. When it dipped even just a [...]
I’ll admit up front, I’m not the biggest fan of instant replay in general. Blown calls have always been a part of sports and I’ve come to accept that. While we would all like to get all the calls right, the game can’t become unwatchable. Baseball is slow enough as it is, and throwing a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees