Following the CC Sabathia contract drama, the second-most important issue facing the Yankees this offseason is whether they decide to pursue one of the big-ticket free agent starting pitchers, and if so, which one.
Yankee manager Joe Girardi met with the media yesterday for his season ending press conference. So, allow me to react to some of the things he said (all quotes from the afore-linked Feinsand piece).
On the season: “We all know what the goal is here. We didn’t reach our goal, that’s the [...]
If you really sit back and think about it, a Spring Training battle for any position should mean absolutely nothing. Not only is the sample size absurdly small, but the results obtained are against lineups and/or pitching staffs that are either warming up or severely compromised because of split-squads, guys getting eased into things, etc. [...]
Chris Carpenter has apparently re-signed with the St. Louis Cardinals, inking a 2 year, 21 million dollar extension that will likely keep him a Redbird through the end of his career. This is significant for the Yankees, as it takes another solid option out of the mix from a free agent market [...]
Nippon Professional Baseball superstar Yu Darvish, a 24-year-old righthander who, by many accounts, is not only the best pitcher in Japan but may have the potential to become one of the best starting pitchers in Major League Baseball, recently took over the comment thread of [...]
Reader Travis recently asked us to take a look ahead to next offseason, to see who comes off the board for the Yankees, who in the free agent class might make sense to pursue and who might be ready to contribute from the farm.
Ken Rosenthal checked in with some very interesting news yesterday, stating that a source told him that Japanese sensation Yu Darvish is likely to be posted this offseason by the Nippon Ham Fighters. Darvish is just 24 years old, is considered a better prospect than Dice-K was, and reportedly can hit 96 on [...]
We did an article on Darvish recently. If that caught your interest, here’s a cool analysis of his latest performance from FanGraphs. Hmmm, 95mph with an unhittable slider? That sounds a lot like another young pitcher I know of. Hint: his name begins with a J and sounds like Schmobba.
I am a headline writing savant.
If you have not figured it out yet, the headline is referencing Japanese pitching phenom Yu Darvish. Keith Law, not one for hyperbole, recently saw Darvish and had the following to say:
Darvish is the top pitcher in the Japanese major leagues right now. He earned the 2007 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees