This is part 2 of 5 of TheYankeeU’s preview of the 2010 American League Division Series. Part 1 covered the Twins’ ace Francisco Liriano.
Yesterday I took the long route towards analyzing and breaking down the Twins’ Game 1 starter for the American League Division Series, Francisco Liriano. Today I’m looking at the [...]
This is Part 1 of 5 of TheYankeeU’s preview of the 2010 American League Division Series.
Photo courtesy of daylife.com and the Associated Press
Without doubt, the Twins’ best hope to finally get over the hump and beat the Yankees in the playoffs rests in large part on the young [...]
If you’ve watched most of the Yankees’ games this year, the spray chart below probably isn’t much of a surprise.
Whenever Gardner gets a hit, most of the time he finds a way to slap the ball to left field, just over the head of the third baseman, or he [...]
Lately, it seems like everyone is talking about the bat of catcher Francisco Cervelli, who has filled in admirably – an understatement, I know – for Jorge Posada during his recent absence (brought on by a mild calf strain). On the season, Cervelli has hit an absurd .429/.500/.500, with 12 RBI. Obviously, that’s [...]
Here’s an interesting bit of text via Bryan Hoch from early March:
The goal is to cut out the movement of Johnson’s back foot in the box, which should help him generate power.
“I’m just trying not to drift, trying to be more direct,” Johnson said. “I’m working on turning my back foot. [...]
On the season, Brett Gardner, the Yankees’ speedy left fielder, is batting a very impressive .346/.430/.432. Even with an abnormally high BABIP of .382, Gardner’s fleet-footed ways will allow him to maintain a BABIP close to .320-.330 or so, meaning that his numbers won’t completely flat line with a regression. He could still end the [...]
Via the indispensable Bryan Hoch of MLB.com:
Yankees left-hander Andy Pettitte was forced to leave his start against the Orioles on Wednesday with what an MRI examination revealed to be mild inflammation of his pitching elbow.The Yankees said that Pettitte will be treated conservatively and evaluated on a daily basis. Pettitte completed just [...]
Yesterday, I pointed out that Nick Johnson might be experiencing some bad luck, as his BABIP is extremely low while his line drive rate is solid. Thanks to Lin, we should also add to this argument the fact that his K% is uncharacteristically high. Johnson’s current K% is 34.3% – the second [...]
According to Donnie Collins (props to RAB), with Curtis Granderson on the disabled list the Yankees are set to recall outfield prospect (goodbye, Mark Melancon), Greg Golson, from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Golson is currently hitting .253/.289/.430 in Triple-A, and is a career .263/.307/.396 minor-leaguer. While he isn’t much with a bat, he does offer [...]
Yesterday, against the ChiSox, Nick Johnson finally drove in a few runs (although that’s not really his job, per se, as he is mainly in the two-hole to get on base). Though he was only 1-for-4 and ended the day with a triple slash line of .141/.368/.234, one thing that was noticeable was that [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees