Say what you want about Terry Francona, he was an excellent manager. Not only did he guide a prominent sports franchise for an entire decade, he was also an excellent in-game tactician. Baseball is a sport that requires a light touch. Do too much and you can use up all your players and burn out [...]
[image title="large_petleave529" size="full" id="16546" align="center" linkto="full" ]
I thought this was an issue that had gone away, but Joe West decided to dredge it up again last night when speaking to The Record:
“They’re the two clubs that don’t try to pick up the pace,” said West, the chief of the umpiring [...]
Now that the CHONE projections have been released and the Yankees and Red Sox have, for the most part, finalized their rosters, people have begun to analyze which club projects to be better in 2010. Most fo the studies I have seen come to the same conclusion.
Yankeeist broke it down by position, and [...]
From The Boston Globe:
I think in general that’s how I look at free agent negotiations — true open-market negotiations — with players the Yankees will be interested in, I think they’re going to get that player, because they just have a bigger margin for error than we do. I’m not complaining — we [...]
I’m analyzing the 2009 version of the greatest rivalry in baseball: the Yankees and Sad Sacks, er Red Sox. I’m not sure if a solar flare hit the earth, the Prime Mover took his eye off our spinning blue marble, or what, but the natural order of the Universe has been disrupted. The Red Sox [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees