So finally winning a series at home against the Red Sox for the first time in 2011 was quite enjoyable, although the spoiled part of me really wanted the sweep, having been swept by the Sox at home twice this season in historic fashion. Unfortunately with Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter and [...]
The Yankees are 0-6 at home against the Red Sox this year, having first suffered the ignominy of being swept at New Yankee Stadium for the first time in its three-season history by Boston in mid-May, then less than a month later being on the receiving end of an even more dubious distinction, as [...]
The Yankees’ starting rotation has performed surprisingly well thus far in 2011, with the 4th best ERA (and FIP) in the American League. An amazing year from CC Sabathia, surprising effectiveness from Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon, and adequate years from A.J. Burnett and Ivan [...]
The video above is from last night’s Mets-Phillies game, and was filmed moments after news began to filter out about Osama Bin Laden’s death at the hand of US forces. When I saw that clip, I instantly recalled October 2001.
It was just a few weeks after a number of deranged individuals took thousands [...]
During last night’s game, some fans at Yankee Stadium started the Wave in the 7th inning of a 9-3 game, spurring some debate between myself, Sean McNally (@SeanMMcNally), and Ben Kabak (@bkabak) about the etiquette of the Wave and whether it is ever appropriate. I defended it as allowable in certain circumstances, while Sean and [...]
My initial supposition upon completing a look at how Yankee lefthanded starting pitchers have fared since 2002 (minimum 15 starts) at Yankee Stadium and on the road was that New York southpaws would have evinced superior home numbers, due in part to the prevailing wisdom that (good) lefthanders can significantly [...]
Sometime between 11:30 and midnight last night, long after we waited to get past the metal detectors and the cops with big guns, long after an aroma of inhaleable substances (legal and otherwise) began to permeate a crowd which encompassed fans from all fifty states and countries besides, Jay-Z encouraged his home town crowd to [...]
My friends at River Ave. Blues have been kind enough to provide a bully pulpit platform for me to explain Why The Wave Doesn’t Belong at Yankee Stadium, so please head on over there and check my guest post out.
The RAB guys — in addition to being [...]
The New York Times published a fantastic op-ed today:
There are many reasons for the price explosion, but a critical factor has been the ability of businesses to write off tickets as entertainment expenses — essentially a huge, and wholly unnecessary, government subsidy.
These deductions have led to higher ticket prices in two ways. [...]
By popular demand as a follow-up to my study of how the Yankees have fared at Fenway Park since 2003, I’ve decided to explore what the Yankees have done vs. the Red Sox at home since 2003, and then we’ll calculate all the totals to find out how the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees