Tyler Kepner recently wrote a blog post on Ross Ohlendorf and the trade that sent him to the Pirates, and Rob Neyer quickly caught on and riffed off of it, focusing instead on Jose Tabata:
Granted, the equation would look quite a bit different if Marte hadn’t fallen apart the moment the Yankees got [...]
From Jon Heyman (SI):
The Yankees intend to try to bring back Johnny Damon, probably for about $6-8 million a year (that’ll be the first offer, anyway), and might be willing to give him a second year. Damon’s been saying in the papers all year that he wants to be back, which is quite [...]
The Yankees recorded another victory last night—their seventh straight—thanks primarily to Andy Pettitte, who bounced back after a couple of rough outings. Pettitte went 7 strong innings, allowing only 2 ER on 6 hits while striking out 5 (1 BB). Alfredo Aceves, Phil Coke and Mariano Rivera rounded out the victory, tossing two scoreless [...]
A running argument that I have had with some less stat-inclined Yankees fans is about the value of Nick Swisher. I just read this bit on Swisher from Steve Goldman, and thought it summed things up perfectly:
Swisher does NOT play awful defense. He plays incredibly UGLY defense, but he’s actually quite a good [...]
Peter Abraham is reporting that Xavier Nady has reported to the Yankee Scranton Wilkes Barres AAA affiliate, bringing him one step closer to returning to the team. All indications are they won’t call him up unless he is able to play the field, but he has already been making throws in rehab, so the [...]
-With all the winning the Yanks are doing lately (16 of 20) bad news becomes more newsworthy. Remember the old Newspaper axiom “A million people going to work and doing nothing wrong may be true, but it isn’t news.” On that note, it was a bad day if you were a rehabbing Yankee yesterday. [...]
From The Daily News:
Xavier Nady took batting practice for the first time in more than a month, testing his injured right elbow harder than he has since he went on the disabled list on April 16.
Nady took five rounds of BP, swinging between five and eight times per round. [...]
Two bits of positive news on rehabbing Yankees:
1) Chien Ming Wang will start on tuesday at AAA Scranton and could regain his rotation spot if that start goes well. He is cleared for 100 pitches. With Phil Hughes battling inconsistency and himself, the Yankees could really use Wang’s ability to give the club [...]
PA informs us that Xavier Nady, in an attempt to recover from a partial ligament tear and return to the Yankees, is partaking in the somewhat controversial procedure known as platelet-rich plasma therapy.
Here’s some info on the procedure, courtesy of the NY Times:
The method, which is strikingly straightforward and easy [...]
WFAN is reporting that Xavier Nady will not require surgery on his injured right elbow. He will do rehab to nurse a strained ligament back to health, with the time frame still unclear. He will not miss the remainder of the season.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees